Do you drink green tea? Maybe you’re wondering what are green tea benefits. Either way, you should start drinking some! I LOVE this green tea – the only one I truly enjoy
Green tea benefits:
- Weight loss!
- Green tea increases your metabolism to burn fat as fast as your body burns food for calories.
- Lower blood pressure
- Lower cholesterol levels
- Green tea makes bad cholesterol go down, and good cholesterol increase.
- Lower risk of heart disease
- Green tea helps keep blood vessels lined so they can handle changing blood pressure. There is also an inkling that green tea helps prevent blood clots – good bye, heart attacks – maybe?
- Green tea helps prevent insulin spikes by controlling glucose levels – so your blood sugar doesn’t spike after eating.
- Lower inflammation
- Improve memory
- Green tea studies have shown green tea can protect brain cells from being damaged/dying and it can repair damaged cells.
- Prevent cancer
- Green tea can kill cancer cells without hurting any healthy cells!
- Teeth and throat?
- Green tea has got you covered! Catechin (an antioxidant in it) can kill bacteria and viruses that cause tooth decay and throat infections.
- Relax – take a load off.
- Theanine is an amino acid that is naturally in tea. This is the stuff that makes you feel relaxed – who doesn’t like that?
- Wrinkles? Slow down!
- Green tea can help with wrinkles and aging because of the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. When applied on the skin, it can reduce sun damage.
Welllllll 1 cup a day isn’t going to do the trick. There isn’t a concrete answer, but somewhere between 2-5 cups a day. Some people suggest 10 cups, but we don’t want to live our lives in the bathroom twice an hour!
A better alternative might be green tea supplements. I use this one, because why not?
There’s caffeine in green tea, so if caffeine gives you headaches or migraines, maybe take it slow. Green tea also has tannins, which doesn’t let you absorb iron and folic acid very well. What does this mean? Pregnant people/people trying to get pregnant beware.
I’ve also noticed if I drink green tea regularly in the fall/winter I don’t get sick at all. I also know it helps me lose weight, I used it to lose 40lbs (Read about my journey here!) So give it a try! You have nothing to lose!